2019 SASPA Conference Workshop Submission
Looking Deeper: Beyond Certainty
is a conference designed to explore further the leadership challenges associated with changing pedagogy.
KEY SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
Professor John Fischetti
Interim Pro Vice-Chancellor, The University of Newcastle
The New Learning Paradigm & Futures-focussed Approach to Schooling
Professor Toby Walsh
Professor of Artificial Intelligence, University of New South Wales and Data61.
World-renowned “rock-star” of the digital revolution and included on the list of the 100 most important digital innovators in Australia.
Professor Alan Reid
Professor Emeritus of Education, University of South Australia
AI and its impact on the futures for Australian education
Thursday 15th August and Friday 16th August 2019.
Call for Presentations:
The 2019 SASPA Conference Planning Committee invites you to submit your interest in facilitating a 70-minute workshop that focuses on the event theme of Artificial Intelligence and Education.
Your workshop should provide examples of actions at a school level and, where possible, be supported by evidence of impact.
Interested? Have something you want to share? Absolutely fabulous! Follow the 3-step process below.
Know your audience
Consider what would be of interest and relevance to your participants based on 2018 registrations.
- 24% Principals
- 46% Deputy/Assistant Principals
- 8% Senior Leaders
- 9% Coordinator/Aspiring Leaders
- 20% Country Schools
- 80% Metropolitan schools
Pick your workshop format
Choose a session format based on the best presentation style for your content, potential audience and planned outcomes from the one hour time slot.
- Learn & Contribute. (Short panel presentations followed by question & answer and audience engagement)
- Participate & share. (Some interactive audience participation; i.e., interactive lecture, small group discussions or activities)
- Explore and create. (Extensive interaction; i.e., hands on activity, BYOD.)
Complete your on-line proposal
Be sure to
- Have a punchy & succinct title that gives potential participants an idea about what the session will be about.
- Indicate what you anticipate participants will learn
- Be detailed in the purpose and objectives of the session
- Outline content covered and process for engaging participants fully; i.e., small table discussions
- Provide research supporting your session where possible
- Facilities you need to run the workshop; i.e., data projector, small tables for discussions.
Workshop attendee numbers will vary from 40 – 80 people. These numbers are dictated by the venue’s room capacities. The SASPA planning committee will work with the presenters to try and best match them with a workshop room.
Please Note: Workshop presenters wanting to attend the whole conference are still required to register, please let the SASPA office know if you intend on attending for your workshop presentation only.
Please complete your expression of interest by clicking here.